Question
Posted by: Stretched! | 2004/10/20

Ugly stretch marks, laser surgery???

Hi Doc,

I am 21 years old, all through my childhood I was extremly skinny, once I hit puberty I gained about 5 kilo's but have now lost them again. One probem - UGLY stretch marks all over my buttocks and upper thighs. Is there a treatment for this? I know you get all sorts of lotions and potions, but to my knowledge these dont work.

I have lost all self confidence, I have a good body, but won't even wear a costume on the beach. Help!

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Stretched!

This is the 3rd question about this - please refer to the other answers.

1
Posted by: Scars | 2004/10/20

You first have to decern what typ of skin you have. If you are fair skinned and you scar easily then laser surgery won't work either. If you don't scar easily then it's an option for you. I also have terrible stretch marks but from being pregnant. My problem is i scar VERY badly and it takes around 10 years for my scars to fad. Laser treatment won't help me as i'm very fair skinned and my scars go dark red and purle...

Reply to Scars