Question
Posted by: Freespirit | 2004/01/10

Types of Yoga

About time that we can a site like this! Thank you for your time.

I am interested in starting yoga - but know that there are many different types. Please can you let me know the basic differences between them or perhaps refer me to a website where I can look this up.

Expert ImageYoga

Hi Freespirit and thanks for your thanks - its only a pleasure. There are hundreds of different types, styles and derivations of yoga - the openness of the practice is, I believe, part of its beauty. According to a recent Time magazine article there are 8 main styles and you can get a overview of them at: http://www.moksha.biz/styles_of_yoga.htm
I think its best to try a few different places, studios, teachers and styles before deciding what feels right for you right now.
All the best
Chris

1
Posted by: Freespirit | 2004/01/10

Oops - meant to type "About time we HAD a site like this."

Reply to Freespirit