Question
Posted by: Cookie | 2004/11/26

types of friendships

Hey CS and all other,

Me again...*laugh* Hope you been good I see you have been kept busy ! I have just been wondering about this the last couple of days diffirent types of friendships, what exactly do you as a person offer the other as a friend how much do you offer when do you know that you are giving more and the other is just feeding / spunging off you / using you.... not that it might be a bad thing at that time ?? perhaps I am wrong with that assumption ? What levels of friendships do you get, and when do you know that you have moved to a diffirent deeper level with a guy friend ? this is just questions that I have.... how do you know that you are a good friend to somebody else??

thanks for listenening as always CS have a good one

Cookie

I;m not sure that there is a definite answer(s) to this sort of question, as so much depends on circumstances. Overall, one would hope that the balance of trade in a relationsip / friendship would balance out at around 50/50, but at different times, when one was sick or troubled, they might very legitimately be far more needy, and would ned, on balance, to receive more than they gave ; and in due course, the balance might be the other way

2
Posted by: Cat | 2004/11/28

Dear Cookie,

I agree with Mumbles, everyones perception of a good friend will differ to some extent or the other.
Personally i think that there are different types of friendships, which depends primarily, i think, on why that person is your friend or why you are friends with them.
A friendship may be casual, like with an aquaintance, just a hi and bye and see you around. Or it may be a more meaningful friendship where you feel you can trust that person with your innermost feelings and secrets. Some people are just friends with others for gain sake, or because they have mutual friends, or because they see qualities in the other person that they like.
Another not so common type of friendship is one you have with someone you have romantic feelings for. Some people instead of leaping ahead and letting the other person know how they feel, try to have a friendship with them first. They do this to try to find out more about the other person, try to find out if the romantic feelings are mutual, and or because that person may be a worthy friend in their eyes.

There are some people that don't give their fair share of friendship in a friendship. I've been in one of those. It hurts like hell, but trust your intuition and do the right thing : confront the person about it and try to work it out. if that doesn't work you'd be better off with another friend. Some people are selfish by nature and would naturally not see that they are not contributing what they should to a friendship. No one deserves a friend like that.
REMEMBER friendship comes from the heart and it is spontaneous.

A good friend sticks by your side through thick and thin. A good friend is there for you always. A good friend is someone you can trust with anything. A good friend is loyal. A good friend will go out of his/her way to put an unlikely smile on your face. A good friend speaks from the heart. A friendship with a good friend can last a lifetime, even if quarrels, boyfriends/girlfriends, and other problems get in the way.

With regard to being friends with a guy friend, if you're a girl... You know when you've moved to a "different deeper level" with him by listening to your intuition. There are no fixed rules or commonalities, i think, that works for people in general, when it comes to matters of the heart. Compare what you have with this particular guy friend, to friendships you have with other guy friends...may this will help you figure things out.

Hope this helps. Goodluck with all your friendships.

Cat

Reply to Cat
Posted by: mumbles | 2004/11/26

have you asked your friend? he is the only one who would know because of some thing called perception what you think is good friend might not be good friend to the other person so it changes from person to person.

Reply to mumbles