Posted by: Curious | 2008/07/06

Type of underwear to be worn (men)

Hi there Doc

I'm just very curious to know how different materials used in underwear affects one. What are the negative impacts of wearing nylon underwear. How does it affect one sexually? Is there any positive benefits. I'm querying this because why then do they manufacture underwear made of these materials if they affect one. (I'm still a teen)

Concerned member

Dear Curious

In some patients where underwear traps heat such as nylon underwear, this may result in above average heating of the scotum and this may impact on sperm production negatively. Obviously it depends on how often such nylon underwear is worn and also the physique of the individual. In patients who are obese wearing such underwear may aggravate the heat factor. The same may occur with very tight jeans and other clothing that prevents heat dissipation.