Question
Posted by: zoey | 2004/01/17

type of eczema,what foods to avoid?

Hi,my mother has a type of eczema.it's only on her hands and sometimes extends to the arms.Her hands itch and when scratched they become red,flaky and inflammed.I wanted to find out what foods she should avoid.I've heard of a few like tomato but am not sure on others.
Thank you for your time

Dear Zoey
I trust your dear Mom is being treated by a Dermatologist? If not, then it is important that she should see one ASAP as this condition could be due to contact dermatitis and other conditions such as psoriasis, that are NOT related to food. If she is for example, allergic to detergents, then it will not help to make changes to her diet. If she has been examined and diagnosed by a Dermatologist and he/she has implicated certain foods, then we can have a look at what dietary changes may benefit her.

2
Posted by: Jannie | 2005/06/20

Where can I find/buy ozonated olive oil?

Reply to Jannie
Posted by: john | 2004/01/19

I used to be allergic to a whole range of substances ranging from aqeous cream to orange peel to soaps. When one has a dry irritable skin you will be allergic to chemicals on your skin.
The eczema is not there because of the soap - it is there because of bad health which is caused by bad diet.

After following a correct diet my eczema is gone and I am no longer allergic to detergents, creams etc.

Eczema is caused by bad diet which is directly linked to a diet high in carbohydrates. The condition gets worse as the person consumes increasing amounts of carbohydrate. It is not a matter of which foods you are allergic to rather the combination and quantities of various foods eaten.

Contact me at jstrats@iafrica.com for the diet that I followed to cure my eczema. I struggled for years with dermatologists with no positive results - in fact the condition got worse. Dermatologists do not really understand the true root cause of eczema and thus do not have lasting and effective treatments for the condition. Cortisone, UV etc. all have side effects and cause more damage than good.

Taking 100mg of zinc per day can greatly improve the condition. Ozonated olive oil can also be used instead of cortisone cream without side effects.

Reply to john