Posted by: A | 2009/01/20

Type 2 diabetes testing or regulation

I was put on Glucophage by my gynaecologist 6 years ago following a hormone test. I just want to know what kind of specialist I can go to see about Type 2 diabetes - is it an endocrinologist?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear A
Yes an Endocrinologist is ideal, esp one who specialises in diabetes, but most physicians will also be able to assist you with your type 2 diabetes. I trust that you have also consulted a clinical dietitian for the correct diet prescription for your condition? if not, please visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will work out a specific diet for you which takes all your special needs into account.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: ABC | 2009/01/20


Reply to ABC

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.