Question
Posted by: cutie | 2007/12/14

tying to conceive while on zoloft

I'v been using zoloft for about 6 years (50mg) and my husband and i have been trying for a baby for 6 months now with no luck, i no it isn't long but we are really desperate. could zoloft be causing any problems? I have tried a few times to go off it slowly like my doctor told me but i always feel very depressed and tearful and end up going back onto it again. I would love to stop taking it but just cant cope without it and don't want to be on it while pregnant. I'm only 22 and no that i shouldn't have any fertility problems. please help

Zoloft does not affect fertility. It may be an idea to change to Prozac, as this has been better studied in preganncy and you could continue during the pregnancy.