Question
Posted by: nins | 2005/11/21

Two questions

Dear Doc

Please help:

1. I intend going off the pill by about 6th Dec and was wondering if i were to take something like vermox/zentel just to deworm as i have not done so in about 3 yrs, if it take this around about a week before going off the pill will this be safe? i.e. i dnt really expect pregnancy to happen before about 3-6 months but should it happen in the first month i.e. December, and i had the deworming done around 3 or 2 wks prior to conception, is this a concern? would it harm me/preg? I also dnt want to take it now as i want to be sure that i am not pregnant already and on the insert of zentel it says you should deworm in the week of your period to be sure you are not preggies so i would like to go that route for just in case something happened when i missed so many pills this month, i did take the pills when remembered though. I am using Yasmin.

2. When does one stop the Yasmin, on the first day of the next period or do you stop it at the end of the next period? any one out there know when is the best time to stop it when you want to start "trying" i cannot remember from my last preg but i think i stopped on the first day of my period?

Please confirm for me, thanks

If you take it two weeks before conception, you should be okay.
You can stop the Yasmin when you get to the placebo tablets.

2
Posted by: first day | 2005/11/21

I would stop as soon as my period starts. If you continue, you already go into your next cycle. The pills you drink during your period are filled with sugar anyway, doesnt do anything for you.

Reply to first day
Posted by: nins | 2005/11/21

oh something else if i stop on day 1 of period i will still have quite a few pills left in the pack i think a week and a bits pills. I started in the silver section of Yasmin in Aug after being on Minesse but somehow i only come on about a week before the actual pills that i started in the silver section, a bit confusing but either way there are 3 weeks and 3 days between periods.

Reply to nins