Question
Posted by: Bessie | 2003/01/20

Twitching Eye

Hi Doc,

For the past couple of weeks my right eye (bottom lid) seem to twitch every now & then on a daily basis. This isn't painful, eye is not red or swollen. It is mostly just irritating, although I cannot help but wonder if there might be something wrong with the eye? Or if it is the start of something to be concerned about?

I am a healthy 27 year old female, not taking any medication. I do not wear glasses or contacts.

What do you think, Doc?

Thanks a mill.

Bessie, it’s seldom a sign of something serious. It might be due to an electrolyte disturbance, so if you want to try something before you go to the doctor, you and take a quarter teaspoon of table salt and a Berroca Calmag® twice a day fro 2-3 days (of course you stop if it goes away sooner). If it doesn’t clear up, you will have to see your doctor. Good luck.