Question
Posted by: feet | 2007/02/13

twisted

I have been seeing a podiatrist since i was about 8. I used to get corns on my feet at that age and it was discovered that i have an in-step. I was given soles to put in my shoes and exercises to do. I could never commit myself to doing them at that age and also stopped wearing the soles in my shoes as well. Although i did wear them for quite a long time. Then i went back when i was about 17 with the same problem and he told me it is too late to fix because my feet had already almost fully grown. I was given soles again to put in my shoes and again i didnt wear them. I am now 21, suffer a great deal with pain in my knees which has caused a whole lot of other problems going right up to my shoulders. (Pelvic Rotation, knots in my back, very tight muscles in my body etc etc). I was told by the physio and chiro that this is all caused because of my feet. Could it be? What can i do to solve the problem now? I know its probably too late so what do you think i can do to aleviate the pain that i am in almost daily? I feel like my whole body is twisted.

Expert ImageArchive

This sounds as if you now need to revisit the podiatrist as your physio and Chiro have told you the same, I am a podiatrist, and yes your feet as well as leg length differences can cause this type of problem. You need to call the SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249 and ask the secretary to assist you with someone who is well versed in this type of problem