Question
Posted by: beth | 2004/10/15

Twins:delivery!

My first birth was very quick-although I started dilating 3 weeks prior, on the day my water broke my baby was born in 2anda half hours, with the help of episiotomy, entonox and the ventouse. Gynaes are advising against a natural birth for my non-identical twin boys (I am now 13 weeks) What do you recommend.?

Twins are a high risk pregnancy and most gynaes feel comfortable with delivering them by caesar. There may be other reasons for a ceasar as time gets closer too.

2
Posted by: Karen | 2004/10/15

I gave natural birth to twin girls at 37 and a half weeks. The first one was 2,6kg and the other 3kg. I had no complications with my pregnancy. My docter advised me at the time to be prepared for a ceaser becase twins are risky. You should wait until later in your pregnancy and then decide.

Reply to Karen
Posted by: Milk | 2004/10/15

Hi Beth,

I am now 37 and a half weeks pregnant with non id twin boys. I have a ceaser scheduled for ths Wed the 20th Oct. My Dr said the choice was mine but sugested a ceaser as they are quite big (3kg already). i think it is too early for your doc to give a final opinion - it also depends on how they are presented - one might be fine the other in breach. Personally I think a ceaser is safer as I would not want to risk anything - one might be fine and the other might struggle - but i still think you should be able to decide for yourself once all the facts are know later in your pregnancy - good luck!

Reply to Milk