Question
Posted by: Angela | 2007/06/19

Twins

This is probably a selfish question, seeing as the majority of your patients have problems in conceiving. My partner and I have no problem in that area. We conceived while on contraception, and have a lovely 10 month old son. We would love to have a larger family, and my partner dreams of having twins. Is there any way that we can stimulate me to ovulate twice or is there anything that can be done for twins?

Dear Angela

In general, simple ovulation induction using clomid or a combination of clomid and injections will secure multiple ovulation. However, there is no guarantee that firstly a pregnancy will ensue and secondly that a twin pregnancy will be the outcome. It is possible that multiple pregnancy in excess of twins may also result and therefore this method of treatment should be best avoided. The same question would apply to embarking on invitro fertilisation.

4
Posted by: Snootty | 2007/06/20

I think you ladies are harsh. If one wishes to have twins its their own choice you have no right to call them ungrateful, so please ladies...

As for Angela, pls do what pleases you!!

Reply to Snootty
Posted by: Mrs | 2007/06/19

I do agree, with the ladies been battling for almost 2 years and i'm a sitting duck at this stage. if your husband can only swing his underpants past your nose and you get pregnant sing "haleluja" and say thank you!!!!!!

Feeling the way we do everymonth is not something i wish upon anyone and if you do't have to go through it you are lucky....

Reply to Mrs
Posted by: Cherry | 2007/06/19

I agree with Dee, don't be ungrateful, be happy that you can conceive without the raging hormones and endless doctors visits for injections.

Count yourself lucky.

Reply to Cherry
Posted by: Dee | 2007/06/19

Listen here - (my message is going to come across as harsh but its the only way I know how when I read such stories) - why the hell would you want to put yourself thru that? If you have no problems conceiving then I suggest that you go down on your knees and thank God for that. Pumping yourself full of hormones to get 2 follicles to have the off-chance that you will fall pregnant with twins is absolute madness. I would give my left arm to be able to conceive without the constant visits to my FS, injecting myself everyday with hormones, scanning for over-stimulation and feel down-right crappy, moody, irritable all for twins that will be non-identical anyway?

Now u know why I warned you....but please yourself.

Reply to Dee