Question
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/11/23

Twink-muesli

Okay Twink, here is the home-made muesli recipe for you and anyone else that wants it. I made some more the other day and it is really good and sooooo easy.

2 cups oats
125g sunflower seed
3 wheetbix biscuits, crushed
1 cup coconut
2 cups bran
1/2 cup wheatgerm or oatbran
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup syrup or honey (I use honey, but the syrup is also good when you are in a pinch)

Mix all the dry ingredients together. Add the oil (sunflower) and honey or syrup. Mix well. Spread the mixture open in a large baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so, until it begins to brown. I normally put a wooden spoon in the door so that it is slightly ajar.

Once it has cooled, add any chopped dried fruit that you enjoy. You can add as much as you want.

Enjoy it!

,,,,,

7
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/11/23

Sue 2 the oil dries out in the oven and helps it go brown!

69 I am so glad that you have decided on custody. Much healthier situation for the kids. I don't think they are in a very healthy situation with their mother at the moment, especially if she is drugging herself to sleep etc.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: 69 | 2005/11/23

Frusty, no nothing has happened, just went to fetch them at school and after chatting with one of the moms there, who is a really good freind, and she fully backs me in that I should quietly get them for more time with me, that way I can also get used to them with me all the time. I have decided to ask for custody.

Reply to 69
Posted by: Sue 2 | 2005/11/23

OOOOOOH that cup of oil just ruined it for me!!! TOTALLY.

Reply to Sue 2
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/11/23

Hey, 69, good on you! Why are the kids with you? Has something happened?

Delene, yeah, most certainly food for the mind. 100%

Twink, once you have made your own, you will never buy again.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: twink | 2005/11/23

Frusty you are a machine!!

thank you, think i'm going to try and make some this weekend.

nice to know i'm not the only muesli addict out there.

Reply to twink
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/23

Food for the mind.

Just wanted to add sum relevance for a recipe on a shrink-site..LOL

Reply to Delene
Posted by: 69 | 2005/11/23

Hey Frusty, how you doin, just wanted to let you know that the kids are with me from tonite until Sunday, at least now I know they'll be safe.

Reply to 69