Question
Posted by: Whattodo | 2005/11/22

Twink

Hey

Long time no hear. How are things?

,,,,,

13
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/11/22

There was actually a double meaning in that! But yes, it is nice, but oh so dangerous!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Parabola | 2005/11/22

Southerns. Now that's something I'd happily trudge off into the desert for!!

Reply to Parabola
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/11/22

Ah! Parabola, it depends what is in the bottle!! Souther Comfort maybe?

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Parabola | 2005/11/22

Never underestimate the incomprehensible dangers of hanging bottles...

Reply to Parabola
Posted by: twink | 2005/11/22

before we were a couple, we were friends. we didn't end things in such a bad way that there's animosity between us. he seriously doesn't have anyone to talk to. he has mates, yes, but they couldn't care less about what's on his mind and stuff like that. so i listen to him. that's about it. i've made it clear that we dont work anymore, he can see that. i've also stressed that i'll be there for him, because he wants me to be. he wanted to be friends, not me.

sorry you felt like a horse , tee hee. but i swear i'm not dangling any bottles of any kind in front of him... ;)

Reply to twink
Posted by: Parabola | 2005/11/22

I had a girl I loved play games with me, very similar to you. After we broke up she claimed that 'she was there for me because she didn't want to hurt me' blah blah blah, but it became obvious that she was leading my on like that horse in Madmax with the bottle of water hanging in front of its face.

She did it because she loved the feeling of being wanted by someone. Are you sure you aren't feeling like this? If you are, then it's not fair on him, and you have to cut the rope on that water bottle.

On the other hand, don't hate the player, hate the game. ;)

Reply to Parabola
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/11/22

Whattodo, stop fighting it! Just take a moment to yourself and let it just overwhelm you completely. You need to be alone when you do this. Just give in to the emotion. Then when it fades away again, you WILL feel better. Scream into a pillow, if that's what it takes, but you do need to let it out, somehow, otherwise it will overtake you.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: twink | 2005/11/22

it is becoming unbearable. i'm throwing myself into my work, which helps but when i go home and sit down to watch tv or something, i miss the company.

we still talk, he phones me when he's having a rough day, which is fine. maybe is shouldn't talk to him, but i dont want to hurt him by being a bitch and turning him away when he needs someone. i know that he doesn't have alot of people that he can turn to when it comes to him and i. the only problem is, i dont want him to feel as though i'm giving him false hope. coz trust me that is not the case at all!

Reply to twink
Posted by: Whattodo | 2005/11/22

Hey Twink

Yeah that is normal. The loneliness will definitely become almost unbareable at times but you do need to think about the real reasons it ended and surround yourself with loved ones. I too continue to struggle immensly but I believe that it will get better.

strength and honour

Reply to Whattodo
Posted by: Whattodo | 2005/11/22

Hey Twink

strength and honour

Reply to Whattodo
Posted by: Whattodo | 2005/11/22

Hey Frusty

No worries. I am always happy to hear from you.

Sincerely, I have no answer to that question. I generally feel alright but am still up and down. I still have moments of anger towards her, then pity for her and still feel pain and emptiness. I am also still overwhelmed by a general feeling of shock at how she has just moved on with a simple almost deranged adjustment of in her mind of events. I am frustrated with myself and am fighting internally every second of every day to move on.

Hope all is well with you. You sound like you are in superb form.

Ciao

Reply to Whattodo
Posted by: twink | 2005/11/22

hey yourself,

things have been kinda rough, haven't really wanted to bring it up on the forum though (you never know who'll take offense to something you've said.)

i have my up days and i have my down. i'm torn at the moment. i'm reaching that lonely stage where i'm starting to question my decision in calling the relationship off. i suppose thats natural after being with him for so long. but then i think about all the bad things...

Reply to twink
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/11/22

Hey Whattodo! Sorry I am taking over here, but just wanted to know how you are? Feeling a bit better?

Reply to Frusty