Question
Posted by: Karin Burrill | 2004/12/06

Twin pregnancy

I have just recently discovered that I am 7 weeks pregnant with twins. Basically what I would like is to know how to take care of myself and my babies prior to their birth. I am aware that twin pregnancys are very difficult and you face double the risks? Is there anything I should or could do to eliminate these risks.

You should take iron and folate tablets. The risky time is usally from 24-32 weeks as preterm labour is commoner in twin pregnancy. You should rest as much as possible at this time.

2
Posted by: Tilly | 2004/12/06

You need to go for regular antenatal checkups, not work beyond the 32nd week (at the latest), and you should also visit a dietician.

Reply to Tilly
Posted by: Milk | 2004/12/06

Hi Karin,

Congratulations!! It is a very special experience!

I gave birth to two healthy boys 6 weeks ago. I had a c section at 38 weeks and my boys both weighed 3,3 kg.

I must say I did not do anything different to a normal pregnany other than taking it very easy from the 28th week. i was very fortunate - I did not have morning sickness. The only complaint was heartburn and obviously being very uncomfortable during the last month

So do what all other expectant Moms do - eat healthily increasing your daily calory intake slightly and REST!!! You will need once the two are there!

Are these your first?

Reply to Milk