Question
Posted by: anon | 2004/10/10

twice in one week

hi, hope u can help me out. my last two periods were only 3 or 4 days apart- i finished monday but started on friday again. what could be the cause of this? they were both normal, the fact that it was so soon after each other worries me. i have not been sexually active and am not on 'the pill' or any other medication? do i have reason to worry? thanx

Maybe just an abnormal period in terms of timing. Wait and see. Consult if it goes on

1
Posted by: Meredith | 2004/10/10

Have you recently had a miscarriage or an abortion? If so, your hormones may not yet have returned to normal.

If the pattern doesn't correct itself within the next month, you had best see your gynaecologist, to rule out more serious causes such as an ovarian cyst, or possible gynaecological cancer (which is associated with abnormal bleeding patterns).

Reply to Meredith