Posted by: X | 2007/04/06


I'm 15 weeks pregnant and my baby was confirmed to have Turner Syndrome. My Gynea doesn't seem to be very interested in the rest of the pregnancy - get the feeling he's waiting for a spontaneous abortion. Can you 1) please provide me with contact details of a Gynea specialising in Turner Syndrome, and 2) when does a Turner Syndrome fetus usually dies/abort spontaneously? At this stage I'm not considering termination. I'm staying in JHB Area.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

There aren't gynaecologists who specilaise in Turner's syndrome. You could ask for a referral to a Fetal Medicine Specialist. While there is a higher chance that a baby with Turner's syndrome may miscarry, this is by no means definite. You should get as much information as possible on the condition so that you can make an informed decision as to whether to continue with the pregnancy or not.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.