Question
Posted by: X | 2007/04/06

TURNER SYNDROME

I'm 15 weeks pregnant and my baby was confirmed to have Turner Syndrome. My Gynea doesn't seem to be very interested in the rest of the pregnancy - get the feeling he's waiting for a spontaneous abortion. Can you 1) please provide me with contact details of a Gynea specialising in Turner Syndrome, and 2) when does a Turner Syndrome fetus usually dies/abort spontaneously? At this stage I'm not considering termination. I'm staying in JHB Area.
Thanx

There aren't gynaecologists who specilaise in Turner's syndrome. You could ask for a referral to a Fetal Medicine Specialist. While there is a higher chance that a baby with Turner's syndrome may miscarry, this is by no means definite. You should get as much information as possible on the condition so that you can make an informed decision as to whether to continue with the pregnancy or not.