Question
Posted by: Lucy | 2007/08/06

Tuna

Is it ok to have tuna everyday? I have a tin a day for lunch.
Just though maybe it's like AVO that you can't have too much of.

Dear Lucy
Tuna is an excellent food being rich in high quality protein, vitamins, minerals and omega-3 fatty acids. It is however not a good idea to eat the same food every single day. It is important to have some variety in our food intake to ensure that we get a balanced diet (for example if you eat low-fat cottage cheese instead of tuna on a given day you will be increasing your calcium intake that day or when you eat lean meat you boost your iron intake). So keep this in mind when you eat the same food over and over again. With a little planning you can make sure that you eat a more varied diet.

1
Posted by: Amy | 2007/08/06

I don't think it's goo to eat anything every day of the week - it's much better to eat a variety of foods. Although tuna is very good for you, why not only have it say twice a week and inbetween that have chicken or other fish?

Reply to Amy