Question
Posted by: mab | 2007/04/12

Tumor markers

I hope you are able to reply to my email as I have no one else in my family to talk to. They don't think what I am feeling and going through is such a big deal.

I went for my gynae check up on the 28.03.2007. During the ultrasound / scan he discovered that my left ovary was full of little cysts and my right ovary had one large cyst (as big as my ovary). He prescribed a course of Synflex and instructed me to come back in two weeks. He also took blood for blood tests. Now, that is what is worrying me. He has tested for the following : CA-125, CA-153, CA-199, carcino embryonic antigen, glucose, insulin, thyroid, pap smear (normal, I accept) and oestradiol. The cancer/tumor markers are my biggest worry. I must see him again on the 16 April, I telephoned his rooms yesterday and was told that he has my file, so they cannot give me the results. I am so anxious. Thinking What if I have cancer, what if I don't. Please help, why all the blood tests

Unfortunately, I cannot tell what the results will be. You will have to ask your doctor what they are.