Question
Posted by: EJ | 2007/03/13

tummy won't go back after delivery!

i gave birth almost a year ago and i still have quite a big stomach, it's going down gradually but at a terribly slow pace. i'm having concerns that probably my womb didn't go back to its natural size,even though on my six weeks post delivery check up the doctor said it was back to normal, is that possible?

it doesn't just feel bigger than normal, my belly button hasn't gone in since the pregnancy.

what do i do? i've been careful aboout what i eat, and i do try some tummy exercises.

sometimes people even mistake me to be pregnant and it's highly embarrassing

please help!

This is usually due to lax muscles, not the size of the womb. Exercise is the only solution.

2
Posted by: Z | 2007/03/14

Hi EJ,

i had the same problem....i had developed a hernia due to the size of my baby as well as the weight i gained during pregnancy.i weighed 45kg's before i fell pregnant and at 9 months i weighed almost 59kg's.

my gynae discovered the problem at my check-up and i had to undergo surgery to repair my damaged stomach muscles. i also had to have a lipectomy done because i had a lot of excess skin that remained behind after my baby was born. Luckily, I had 2 terrific surgeons working on me....and now almost a year later i am completely healed. i had an incisional hernia repair and the lipectomy done together.

my baby is now 13 months and i thank GOD everyday for saving him all this pain.....he is a perfectly health baby.

i hope this helps,

Reply to Z
Posted by: Lou | 2007/03/14

The doc checks at 6 weeks if the womb has gone back to normal, if your doc said it has then your tummy is due to the stretched muscles and the weight you gained in pregnancy. You'd need to excercize in order to get rid of the tummy.

Reply to Lou