Question
Posted by: GSM | 2006/10/31

TUMMY TUMMY TUMMY

Dear Doc

I have run out of exercise tips and im down to my last effort to get my tummy back into shape or to the way it use to be,im 22 and i had a baby in 2004 ever since i had not been exercising cuz of taking care of the baby and work so it was kind of hectic as i result i gaine a whole lot of weight from being a size 34 to being a 40-42 at 22 so u can imagine that.....my tummy is so big as though im expecting another child 1 of my friends suggested that i do sit ups i've been doing it 4 a week now n i wear the tummy belt around my tummy pls advice me on getting rid of this excessive weight....

Dear GSM
From what you say, I deduce that you are overweight (?), so if you lose weight then your tummy will also get smaller. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). Now do the tummy exercises like sit-ups IN ADDITION to the aerobic exercises I have listed and your tummy will get smaller. Also ask Fitness Doc for other exercises that specifically target the tummy.
Hang in there

2
Posted by: GSM | 2006/11/01

Thank you guyz atleast u support me in a very positive way ....

Reply to GSM
Posted by: lu | 2006/10/31

patience my dear- a week of exercise is just the tip of the iceberg, you'll start seeing results after say 6 weeks if you are constent, it takes time and at times can be depressing- but hang in there though its hard to pretend you don't see it.
also avoid foods that cause bloating and you need to learn your stomach- learn to stop when you are full, give it breaks in between meals- eat smaller meals.

goodluck

Reply to lu