Question
Posted by: Mum to be | 2004/09/27

Tummy Tuck / C-Section

Hi, please could you advise if it's possible to have a tummy tuck performed at the same time as a C-section?

Thank you.

It is possible but depends entirely on you and your gynae/plastic surgeon

2
Posted by: PP | 2004/09/27

Hi Mum to be

I found this on the Plastic Surgeon's forum. Hope it helps!

Subject: is it possible to organise to get a tummy tuck when they do the c-section?
Posted by: mommy to be
Message:
Hi Doctor, I'll be having my baby via c-section. Is it possible that I can get a tummy tuck at the same time?
Or, do I need to have a general anaesthetic for this?
Date: 2/6/2004

Subject:
Posted by: Plastic surgeon
Message:
Dear Mommy to be,

I would not recommend this option at all. A tummy tuck is an extremely painful and long procedure. You need to attend to baby first.
Date: 4/6/2004

Reply to PP
Posted by: Kate | 2004/09/27

I think it is although I was advised that it is best to do a tummy tuck about four months after the ceaser. Also bear in mind that in the first couple of weeks you will still look pregnant, this blubber does go away and it is probably best that tummy tuck is done when they can get a 'true' idea of how your tummy really looks. It is very disorted after birth.

Plus the ceaser is damn sore so it is probably best not to have extra pain!

Reply to Kate