Question
Posted by: Vinmala | 2008/05/28

Tummy tuck after pregnancy

I am 10 weeks pregnant with my 4th child. How soon after my pregnancy can i have a tummy tuck done.
Vinmala

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello Vinmala, thank you for the question and congratulations with the pregnancy.

Your best option would be to consult a plastic surgeon who can recommend the best time for the ‘tummy tuck’ (Abdominoplasty) to be performed following the delivery.
A number of factors can influence this choice but as a general guideline if you are physically fit for the surgery and you have completely healed following the pregnancy, if you are a non-smoker, and you have stopped breast feeding, one can plan the Abdominoplasty soon after the above conditions have been met.

Further information can be obtained from the health24.com’s anti-ageing web portal and from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons at: www.plasticsurgery.org/patients_consumers/procedures/Abdominoplasty.cfm