Question
Posted by: TUMMY TUMS | 2007/12/05

TUMMY TROUBLE

I was diagnosed with an Hiatus Hernia about 5 years ago but doc said it was not that bad to be repaired. Then had gallbladder removed. I have a lot of bubbling sensations in my stomach and tend to have periods of bad heartburn but not reflux into my throat.
Also have a lot of pain in tummy at times. When this flares up I notice that my joints also ache. I am a person that stresses easily and have a very nervous stomach, (instant diarrhea if I panic). Sometimes after eating I have to urgently empty my bowels which can be distressing if you are not near a toilet and are maybe out on business etc. What can you recommend. Do I perhaps have an ulcer.

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

It is difficult to make a “diagnosis” based on the above.
It is possible that you have no real physiological problem, just that you are very sensitive to stress and anxiety.
You possibly have low grade IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). Perhaps it would be wise to consult a Dr. and have a thorough examination to be able to put your mind at rest!

2
Posted by: jessie | 2008/02/01

These smptoms are now occuring on an almost daily basis.Is
there anything you can suggest that will help me regain my health
and lead a full,happy life once again? I am taking topizole for
reflux acidity,and vomidon on a daily basis.

Reply to jessie
Posted by: Jessie | 2008/01/29

persistent diarrhoea,nausea,weight loss and weakness.Have
had several tests,and been hospitalised a number of times,but
doctors and specialists assure me that there is nothing wrong
with my digestive system.Am taking a number of probiotics
which are fairly effective,but this persistent weakness and diarrhoea have affected my entire life style,and I am unable to
participate fully in all the social events that I used to enjoy.Can
you help?

Reply to Jessie