Question
Posted by: Just wondering | 2004/01/12

Tummy still soft at six weeks

When to tummy ' s become hard. I am six weeks but my stomach is still soft.

The hardness of the tummy is due to the uterus growing up and extending into the abdomen. This only starts around 12 weeks.

2
Posted by: www | 2004/01/12

My tummy never became "hard" as such, until it was really large, which only happened from about 30 weeks onwards.

Reply to www
Posted by: Kate | 2004/01/12

At six weeks your baby is still very low down, behind the public bone. So your tummy would not be hard by now. Don't worry.

Some women show very early in pregnancy, others take ages to show that they are pregnant.

Reply to Kate