Question
Posted by: jenn | 2005/06/06

tummy pooch

I have a pooch right below my belly button and was wondering what exercises I need to do to get rid of it? Or is there anything else I can do? I have never had any children and I'm only 21/f. Please help.

Hi Jenn
Your problem is very common, and if you look back on the forum, you’ll see many, many similar questions. The solution is also very common, though not easy to achieve. You see the misconception is that you make this fat disappear by doing situps, crunches etc. This is not the case. The problem is elevated body fat. Therefore, while doing specific exercises helps in achieving some definition, your focus should be on cardio training. That means running, cycling, walking, aerobics, swimming etc. You need to be doing this regularly, 4 to 5 times a week, for about 45 minutes a day, and also at quite a high intensity. That’s why it is difficult, because it requires time and effort and unfortunately, what you are often told in the media that 10 minutes a day sitting in your arm chair can work too is not true. I would suggest that you check out the fitness page of the Health24 site and then go to programmes, where you will see a number of options that you can choose from

1
Posted by: Getting there | 2005/06/07

I am 38 and had exactly the same problem, untill I found the right solution for me ... I joined sureslim, not to diet, but to learn to eat properly. This has changed my whole life. I bought a ab king pro and lost 28cm all together. Around my tummy alone I have lost 12 cm. I never believed in doing excersises. I was always waiting for the fat to go away by itself, specially after I had my daughter. But becasue of my daughter, I needed to change me to be a better mother to her. I have so much more energy and putting on my pants without it leaving a red mark around my middle, that is an amazing feeling to look at myself in the mirror. I have so much more self esteem. I hope whichever life style you choose to follow will bring you happiness, but you have to put the effort in to make it work and it gets easier, trust me on this!!!!!!

Reply to Getting there