Question
Posted by: Tummy Mommy | 2008/07/10

Tummy Fat

I am 33 year old mother of 2 and after having my second baby boy who is now 3yrs i am struggling with loosing fat around my tummy. i have tried a lot of diets but nothing.

Are there foods i need to cut out of my diet? and what kind of excersize routine would be ideal for me.

Thank you.

Dear Tummy Mommy
If you are generally overweight then it is essential to lose weight all round. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). If you do join a gym then ask the instructor to give you a set of exercises that target the tummy (e.g. sit-ups, etc) and do additional work on these problem areas. If this still does not help, then it may be necessary to consult a surgeon about a tummy tuck.