Question
Posted by: Rabia | 2007/04/19

tummy fat

Hi there.

Ive just gave birth 2 mnths ago and Im trying so hard to get my body back in shape. I still have a big hanging tummy and big butts. I still weigh 70 kilos and used to be 55 kilos before.
whats to best foods and excercises to practice to help get me back to normal again.

Dear Rabia
Congratulations on the birth of your baby. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise like taking baby for a brisk walk in the fresh air every day for 30 or more minutes. If you are breastfeeding your baby then please add 2 more cups of fat-free milk or yoghurt to this slimming diet to provide all the calcium you and baby need for healthy bones and teeth. Ask Fitness Doc on this Website for exercises you can do at home to target your tummy (firm and tighten it) and the buttocks and do the exercises every day.