Question
Posted by: Q | 2004/12/14

Tummy Fat

Hi doc,

I have a small problem, in the first 12 weeks of this year i lost about 26kg on a high protieen dieet en gym program, then i stabelized for about 4 months and started picking up weight again. It seams that this is mussel weight because my persentage fat has stayed the same. My dieet has not changed much but it seams as if I just cant lose my fat around the tummy and breast area. When i walk it does not look that bad but when i sit I look like the prevurbial budda!!! PLEASE HELP!!! Can you sugest a dieet that will help me please!!!! PS: I still gym and enjoy it weight does not bother me as long as it is mussle weight and not fat!!! Thanx for your time!!

Dear Q
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and combine it with your exercise. The problem areas such as your tummy and breasts will probably not improve unless you do targeted exercise to firm them up. Ask your gym instructor for an exercise schedule that specifically targets these areas. There are also certain products that can help for these problem areas -contact Lilian Terry International at (021) 361-2606 and ask about their Cellulito Aromeopathic Complexes. The final resort is probably surgery to reduce the tummy and breasts.

3
Posted by: Science | 2004/12/15

Best would be to follow the diet suggested on this website. Look under Diet. The high protein diets do not work on the long run, and its been proven. Low fat diets, such as the one on this website is guaranteed to help you lose fat. You can also increase your cardio workout. Do 40 minutes of interval cycling, or else spinning, three times a week, and you'll lose the belly and chest fat in no time. Give it a shot! and cut down on the alcohol...go for Windhoek Light in stead of draft etc....a supplement that will also help you reduce belly fat is flax seed oil. Take it in combination with Vit E. Will help you burn fat, protect your cardiovascular system.

Reply to Science
Posted by: Q | 2004/12/14

I am 35 years old, 1.73mm tall and weigh 93kg, after the dieet I weighed 86kg. Itry to stick to fish and chicken as far as posible.

Reply to Q
Posted by: science | 2004/12/14

To butt in briefly, if you followed a high protein diet, which included animal fats, it might be the reason why you are not losing fat around your midriff. Also, you might be insulin resistant which would cause the same fat distribution. How tall are you and how much do you weigh??

Reply to science