Question
Posted by: Moo | 2007/03/07

Tummy bug?

yesterday around 11am i baught two samoosa's from a shop. they totally tasted fine. about lunchtime (1pm) i started feelinga tad nauseous. so i thought i was just hungry. i made a chicken &mayo saami with salad. that was yum. i dont think it was that at all. at 3:30 i made a very strong ceffeinated coffee. by the time i was on my way home from work after 5 i was bursting for the loo! it lasted all through last night (serious runs!) i managed to eat dinner but i had to fight to keep it down! i did not sleep well, constantly getting up- with pains in my stomach too. that come and go. quick moments of pain and then its gone.
today i feel pretty much the same. not going to the loo as much as last night but i am getting the crampy pains and nausea. its so aweful.
im drinking alot of water but cant bear the thought of food! thats so not good.
is this a tummy bug/24h bug/gastro/food poisoning?
i dont know. hope it goes away soon! do i need to take something for it to go away? what can i take? and also,what caused this?
your ideas would be greatly appreciated! thank you

Hallo Moo
there seem to be a bug doing the rounds now. Try taking Immodium 2 every 6-8 hours, Scopex for cramping and Inteflora or any other probiotic 2 three times a day. Ensure that you take in enough fluid preferably something like Rehidrat mixture.

2
Posted by: moo | 2007/03/07

jeeee, thanks so much! i found immodium here. cramps ok but still need the loo..

Reply to moo
Posted by: anxious | 2007/03/07

Try Valoid for the nausea and Buscopan for the stomach cramps. If neither of these work you might need to try stronger stuff - Stemetil is brilliant for nausea and Buscopan Co. is stronger than Buscopan for stomach cramps and works very well, but you need scripts for both. It does sound like you maybe have a 24hr stomach bug. If these 2 still dont work you might need an antibiotic for a stomach infection - I had this last year sometime and I couldn't stop going to the loo every 2 mins and got an antibiotic and Flagyl which is excellent for a very bad upset stomach, but again you need a script for it. Chloropect for your stomach, which you can get OTC from your chemist might be worth trying before going to your gp.

Hope you feel better soon.

Reply to anxious