Question
Posted by: Lilac | 2005/05/25

Tubal Ligation Reversal

I'm 35yrs old and reside in Durban. 8yrs ago I had a tubal ligation with the "clip" method. I desperately want a baby and have been trying to adopt a white baby for over two years, without success. How can I get my operation succesfully reversed and which gov hospital does this reversal procedure and what is the success rate? I can't afford to go to aprivate fertility clinic

The success rate is about 30%. Different hospitals have different criteria for accepting patients for reversal, as they have long lists of patients waiting for fertility treatment. If you have more than 2 children from your current relationship and they are alive and well, you will probably not be accepted. However, it is worth phoning the tertiary hopital in your area and enquiring about the criteria of their fertility clinic.

1
Posted by: Julie | 2005/05/26

You don't need a reversal. Try St. Aidans Hospital. They can do IVF without doint a reversal. If you do opt for a reversal you will have to wait up to 6 months to try for a baby.
Hope this helps

Reply to Julie