Question
Posted by: Angelina | 2004/11/01

TTC at 35?

Is 35 too old to start trying for a baby? i dont ovulate (doc did test) so I will have to start fertility drugs (clomid) I am healthy although I smoke about 7 cigarettes a day (light ones). Would it help to give up smoking even though I dont smoke much? Someone said if you start exercising it helps as well. Any tips???

You should stop the smoking. This will interfere with fertility. A healthy diet and exercise would be helpful and 35 is not too late to start planning a pregnancy.

4
Posted by: Angelina | 2004/11/02

Thanks a stack for your replies. I will try and quit smoking and eat a healthy diet. My hubby is on Staminogro so I will start taking it too.
Prestana: A lady I know is 42 and has just found out she is preggies - so you are right a positive attitude helps too!!

Reply to Angelina
Posted by: Kate | 2004/11/01

My mom had my sister, her third child at 37 so no 35 isn't too late!

Yes, quitting smoking would help a lot. You want to try to eliminate toxins from your body and daily diet. Cutting out caffiene also helps. You can get Five Roses caffiene free tea which is great and tastes like normal tea. You should also take Staminogrow (your partner too), this is available at all pharmacies.

Start taking folic acid, your baby will need the folic acid in the first 12 weeks so you want to start it before you conceive.

Good luck with everything and hope the doctors are able to locate when you ovulate or get you to ovulate.

Remember that it may be easier to quit smoking now and will benefit your baby too if you don't smoke when he'she is conceived.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: PESTANA | 2004/11/01

I am 37 and ttc and i know that it will happen soon. Try being
more positive . You will have a healthy baby.

Reply to PESTANA
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/11/01

I don't see why you can't start to ttc at 35. I jsut think that there are certain risks such as increased risk of downs syndrome etc. You should chat to your gynae about the risks involved. Also it may take longer than you expect.

Reply to Shirls