Posted by: BABIE | 2005/01/04


I'm happy to be back on the orum in the new year. I have tried to fall pregnant for 2 years now, i'm 31 years old, this year i had a problem with my tubes which was sorted out, my gynae confirmed that my man's spems are not enough when we tried insemination. I need help, what to do, where to go? I'm very desperate. I need a baby..

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

I would suggest that you see a fertility expert.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: BABIE | 2005/01/05

Thanx 4 the advise Golly, i'm willing to do anything at this stage and what have you tried so far? I also wish you the best. Will kee the orum posted.

Reply to BABIE
Posted by: Golly | 2005/01/04

Wow Babie,

Two years is a long time ( I've been ttc for 2yr 8 months and know your frustrations). My best advise would be to make an appointment with a fertility specialist (search ananzi dot com for SA clinics in your area). Be sure to take all previous medical records and test results with you. If you ask your gynae or GP for them and explain that you are seeing a specialist they should not have a problem to do that.

The benefit of seeing a fertility specialist is that infertility is their business and they go about your problem in a very systematic way. A good specialist should give you ample information and answer all your questions. He/she should also be able to give you a good idea of your treatment options and the costs involved. The specialists can be expensive and they do not all charge the same prices. If cost is an issue (most medical aids do not pay for fertility treatments although blood tests and routine "check ups" may be covered) you should shop around or make an appointment at a state fertility clinic. Most medical aids do pay a basic tarrif at such a facility.

If you find a clinic in your area post a message on this forum to ask about the clinic and it's staff's reputation. Also, someone on this forum may have some experience as to the costs charged at the clinic to give you some idea of what you can expect.

Make it your New Year's resolution to do something about this issue and take control of your fertility. It is very liberating to find the reason for your infertility and have some concrete options to pursue. All the best!

Reply to Golly

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.