Question
Posted by: Baby Blues | 2003/02/24

Trying very hard

Please I'm asking for all the readers help. I'm trying to conceive for almost two months now. Me and my husband making love to each other in the morning and in the evenings, but nothing happened. I can also add that I've never been on the pill or the injection. Please can some of u suggest any sexual positions that works if you trying for a baby??? We are desperate, and almost tired of trying for a baby. PLEASE HELP!!!!!! ( We are married for 3 months now and none of us had children before) I'm 25 years old.

Nothing may be wrong except your expectations. We seem to be living in a time when we expect immediate results about many things. It takes on average about eight months for couples to become pregnant. Clearly, there are women who become pregnant immediately. (Those conceptions are usually for the people who are not trying!)

The chances of a woman becoming pregnant depends on both her and her partner's fertility, as well as what time of the month and how frequently they are having intercourse. You say you have been trying for three months. I wonders what you mean by "trying." Several of the following factors play a role: How old are you and your partner? Do you have regular monthly periods? Have you stopped using all forms of contraception? Have you and your husband been having intercourse during those three months? How frequently? Has he been ejaculating inside of you? Do you douche afterwards?

I suggest that you go to your gynaecologist, obstetrician, or midwife for pre-pregnancy planning and a check-up. S/he will be able to listen to your concerns and assist you in the transition as you become pregnant. If after one year of trying you still are not pregnant, this would be the time to have a more serious talk with your health care provider about your options. Rather than infertility counseling, your next best step may be pre-pregnancy planning with a health care provider.

Additionally, if you have a regular twenty-eight day cycle, the fourteenth day would be mid-cycle. If you have a shorter cycle, mid-cycle for ovulation would be sooner. Try having sex every other day, such as on days 10, 12, 14, and 16, or on the reverse days (9, 11, 13, and 15), and be sure that your partner doesn't masturbate in between the times you have intercourse so that he has a full load of semen.

For more related information and suggestions to help you get pregnant, see Gynae Doc's forum.
Lastly, before you get pregnant and early on in your pregnancy, make sure you are taking 400 micrograms of folic acid every day to help prevent birth defects of the brain and spinal cord (neural tube defects).

It may be just a matter of time, good luck on your road to becoming parents.

6
Posted by: Angel | 2003/02/26

Have sex the third day of menstruation - that's how I got pregnant and all my cousins too

Reply to Angel
Posted by: Honest lady | 2003/02/25

Baby Blues, I think you try to hard. My first child was a accident (I was 20 years). We decided to try for a nother one (24 years) although we were not married (we were at that stage together for 11 years already). We tried almost for a year and I was also worried that there was something wrong. I thing it's just a thing of when you want it you don't get it and when you don't want have it you get it. Im expecting my 3rd child now (28 years) and it was a accident again. Relax and don't worry about getting pregnant. It will happen when it happen.

Reply to Honest lady
Posted by: Lancelot | 2003/02/24

Maybe he is shooting blanks.

Reply to Lancelot
Posted by: man | 2003/02/24

Im 26 and engaged to a wonderful woman , my question to baby blues is why the rush for a baby so soon? calm down a bit enjoy the time you have with your man while there is no crying and dirty nappies, and slow down,not the love making but the pace you trying to start a family, from the sounds of it 2 days is grat but you guys are making like a chore, you know get up bonk, then in the evening the same thing, why not just sit back and relax, you are still young and there is plenty of time for you to have children, and 10 to 1 its the stress thats causing you not to concieve, stress can do strange things to your body, so listen to the advice of the other 2 people and behave like 2 teens

Reply to man
Posted by: lucky | 2003/02/24

O firstly you are so lucky to make love twice a day - and you worry about pregnancy? First enjoy each other and by your letter the two of you do enjoy eachother - lucky you! Sex first and yes like the previous reader said do it like teenagers do it. O I wish I was you to get sex so often as you do! Thats the greatest blessing of all time - a couple in love and making love as often as you do. The world will be so much better if all couples can just understand how important it is for both men and woman to engage in serious love making - often. There is a old saying ''people who sleep together stick together''. So true. Just take a look at woman / men whom neglects their partners in bed, you can see it written on their faces and those people are sad. sSo Baby Blues - enjoy your man and you will see one day it will happen!

Reply to lucky
Posted by: Bloubal | 2003/02/24

Doggie style for deep penetration!
Don't try so hard, you are putting to much stress on yourselves, things will happen naturually if you take slow! Do it like teenagers do, don't worry about the baby until afterwards!

Reply to Bloubal