Question
Posted by: smoker | 2007/04/04

trying to stop smoking

I am a 25yr old female and have been smoking since the age of 16 yrs. I recently got involved in a relationship with a non smoker and tried my best to quit the habit and have been unsuccessful on four occassions. I have tried Zyban, nicorettes chewing gum and patches and nothing helps. This will influence my relationship and I do not want to loose my partner, as I belive that he might be the one for me. Will acupuncture / hypnosis help? Where can I get hold of a valid/registered doctor who would be able to help?

Dear Smoker
Try a stop smoking programme like Smokenders (www.smokenders.co.za )
Quit Smoking Support:Online forum for people giving up smoking
http://groups.msn.com/QuitSmokingSupport”
Some people just have more difficulty than others - hang in there - also try cutting down to only 5 sigarettes per day gradually ( by smoking 1-2 less per day) before trying to stop cold turkey! It is very difficult to go from 20 to nothing overnight.

2
Posted by: Smokey | 2007/04/05

Stop hanging around smokers for a while, also helps.

Reply to Smokey
Posted by: Did it more than a year ago | 2007/04/05

Allen Carr's easy way. NOTHING else worked.

Reply to Did it more than a year ago