Question
Posted by: gymer | 2008/05/28

trying to make me jealous

Hi. I broke up with my bf recently. We parted on amiable terms. The problem is that we go to the same gym. It seems he is trying to make me jealous my hugging and kissing girls in front of me. I pretend I dont notice and focus on my exercise. I am not going to move gyms because he is there as I know a lot of people and I enjoy it. What should I do?

,,,,,

5
Posted by: T-Bone | 2008/05/28

Sometimes wisdom is hard to accept and follow: rise above it, they say, be a better person, take the high road - these are all good things to do, to say and to follow. But people forget we are human, that when someone tries to hurt us they succeed and we do hurt. They forget that old wounds re-open easily, that our hurt isn't only because he is hugging the girl in the leotard that's too small for her - the slut - but that the realisation that someone who loved you yesterday would want to hurt you today. And it is that that hurts more, not the bright smile for the blond who has bad hygiene but that he would do it so that you could see. We hurt because we loved people that are mean, and we hurt because our choices were bad.

Of course you do have to rise above it but do that on your own time. Perhaps for now, your gym will allow you membership at another branch while you heal from the hurt of the breakup and the spite of its aftermath. Maybe you can change the days/hours/time that you are there. Take heart in the fact that you let him go, that he is spiteful and without sensitivity and you let him go and you are rid of him. So heal from the hurt and when you are stronger, then go back to your old routine and rise above the bullshit.

Reply to T-Bone
Posted by: ben | 2008/05/28

hey gymer, i feel your pain cos im actually going through the same thing myself. we also broke up on amicable terms and we also go to the same gym. she doesnt rub my face in it though, but still see'ing her talk to other guys hurts plenty, so i can only imagine how you feel. anyway what i do i just glance at her from a distance and say hi, then i continue with my workout and try to keep away from her. so stay at your gym especially if you enjoy it so much and try show him that his actions dont bug you. good luck

Reply to ben
Posted by: Bev | 2008/05/28

No dont do the same as then you will be labled a tart. Show him who is the better person and ignore him. Thats the worst you can do, lets face it who likes to be ignored, especially when they are trying to get a reaction out of you.

Reply to Bev
Posted by: Haha | 2008/05/28

do the same

Reply to Haha
Posted by: Me | 2008/05/28

Just ignore him. He is being childish, dont give him the satisfaction of reacting.

Reply to Me