Question
Posted by: Nicci | 2003/02/24

Trying to loose weight with hormonal problems?

I am a 20 year old student, that lives in a student residents. My whole life I have struggled with my weight-recently after a few tests, it was discovered that I have POS-syndrome. Typical syntoms of this disease is overweight, bad skin and trouble with periods. Do you have any advise which diet I can follow-I do take part in a number of sports, and do not indulge in fatty foods and sweets. At the moment I eat very little bread and red meat..Please help me!!

Dear Nicci
Please do yourself the favour of consulting a clinical dietitian (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings)) so that the dietitian can help you work out a diet for this rather complex syndrome. It will really be worth your while esp as you need special guidance because of living in a student res.