Posted by: tuscan | 2008/08/11

trying to get over her

hi doc.

im having trouble gettin over my ex-girlfriend, i respect and im happy that she has moved on. i just need to properly..i dream about her constantly and find myself thinking of her most of the time,i mean its been a so frustrated with the whole thing,cuz she has moved on,met anothe rguy and here i am thinking of her and missing her..

You can actually discipline yourself to stop this sort of idle day-dreaming, by distracting yourself every time it starts up --- some even find it helps to wear a thick rubber band round their wrists, and snap it whenever this train of thought starts, mentally shouting to yourself "STOP!", the mild pain derailing that train of thought.

Posted by: Zola | 2008/08/11

I suppose it will pass with time. Some people take longer than others. Maybe reminding yourself why the relationship did not work will help you move on. It' s good that she has moved on - at least then you can do away with the hope of getting back together and move on yourself.

Reply to Zola