Question
Posted by: Candice | 2008/06/20

trying to fall pregnant while breastfeed

Hi there, im trying to fall pregnant. Ive been breastfeeding for 20 months and i am not on any contraception pills. Nothing has happend. Is it because of the breastfeeding? at my antenatal classes before i had my baby, the nurse told me that you CAN fall pregnant while breastfeeding. I do have an irregular period though, within the last 20 months i think i had my period 3 times so i dont even know when im ovulating or if im ovulating at all. Can you give me advise? i would like to stop breastfeeding, but my baby still loves it. If this means that i can only fall pregnant without breastfeeding, then i should consider stopping asap.
Thank you looking forward to hearing from you.
Candice

It does not sound like you are ovulating due to the breastfeeding. I suggest you stop and let your cycles return if you are trying to conceive.