Question
Posted by: Dolly | 2006/07/26

trying to fall pregnant

Hi there, I had a tubal ligation about six years ago after having two kids. I lost my kids in a car accident and thereafter I had a reversal of tubal ligation last year. Please let me know what the success rate is of falling pregnant and how long before. I am desperate now.

Dear Dolly

In our institution we expect a 70% success from the reversal process. However, this does depend on the type of sterilisation done in the first instance and also on the condition and status of the tubes at the time of the reversal.
However, a pre-operative evaluation should have been done and the feeasibility of reversal should have been assessed pre-operatively. Following a successful reversal it could take upto 6 months for a pregnancy to occur and at the end of nine months, if no conception has occured I would recommend an HSG (hysterosalpingogram x-ray) be done to assess the tubes.

2
Posted by: kiki | 2006/07/30

last year februay i was getting ectopic this year may i was start to drink a clomid for 2 mouth que is how long did is start to work ineed baby i have no baby it was my first born im 29

Reply to kiki
Posted by: Dolly | 2006/07/28

Thank you very much. I am going to see my gynae in two weeks from today and I hope all will go well.

Reply to Dolly