Question
Posted by: bellzee | 2008/01/31

TRYING TO FALL PREGANANT AFTER VASCETOMY

My husband had a vascetomy 6yrs ago and we were told ttat we should opt for PESA/TESA and ICSI.Does any medical aid company cover infertility? ,and what is the cost involved,also where can i go in Durban.

Dear Bellzee

There is a very few select group of medical aids that would imburse for fertility treatment example CAMAF, Wits and OXYGEN. I agree that testicular biopsy or aspiration followed by ICSI is the most feesable option in this regard. In the Durban locality you could consider the Care fertility clinic, the St.Augustine hospital or alternately the Nordica clinic in Kingsburg.

1
Posted by: desperate | 2008/02/07

i am in the same predicament, only difference is that i am in cape town
who is the best doctor for the procedures and kindly tell me what is PESA/TESA ..
is there a success rate with the reversal?

Reply to desperate