Posted by: bellzee | 2008/01/31


My husband had a vascetomy 6yrs ago and we were told ttat we should opt for PESA/TESA and ICSI.Does any medical aid company cover infertility? ,and what is the cost involved,also where can i go in Durban.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Bellzee

There is a very few select group of medical aids that would imburse for fertility treatment example CAMAF, Wits and OXYGEN. I agree that testicular biopsy or aspiration followed by ICSI is the most feesable option in this regard. In the Durban locality you could consider the Care fertility clinic, the St.Augustine hospital or alternately the Nordica clinic in Kingsburg.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: desperate | 2008/02/07

i am in the same predicament, only difference is that i am in cape town
who is the best doctor for the procedures and kindly tell me what is PESA/TESA ..
is there a success rate with the reversal?

Reply to desperate

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.