Question
Posted by: Sanam | 2007/08/03

Trying to concieve

Dear Dr

I have written to you previously. I normally spot for a few days before my period. I have a daughter who is 7 years now. I have been trying to concieve for the past 5 years. Fertility specilaist has done all the relevant tests, sperm etc and all is well. He also did 2 AI's but failed. I also took clomid and utrogeston. I have a 25 day cycle.
Gynae says the next step is to do an exray of the tubes. What advice do you have for me? Besides the spotting i have a normal period every month. No cycts etc.

Dear Sanam

I agree with your gynaecologist in that the most common cause of secondary infertility remains tubal obstruction and therefore some form of tubal assessment is necessary. Should the tubes be patent then another IUI attempt with careful induction using injectables should be considered together with luteal support (cyclogest/utrogestan/sugest).