Question
Posted by: DALEEN | 2008/08/08

TRYING TO CONCEIVE Q ABOUT ANTI DEPRO' S

I AM TRYING TO CONCEIVE FOR ALMOST 10MONTHS NOW, I AM ON SIMAYLA CITALOPRAM ANTI DEPRESSANTS, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THIS HAS A EFFECT ON THE FACT THAT I CANT CONCEIVE AND ALSO IF IT IS SAFE TO USE DURING PREGNANCY IF NOT, WHAT MEDICATION WOULD BE THE ALTERNATIVE TO USE? I HAVE BEEN OFF THE MEDICATION FOR A WHILE BUT WENT BACK ON BECAUSE I HAVE MANIC DEPRESSION AND CANT REALLY COPE WITH MY EMOTIONS ON MY OWN. PLEASE HELP

Citalopram will not affect your ability to conceive. It is relatively safe in pregnancy and it is very important for your condition to be well controlled during the-pregnancy.