Posted by: Worried Trying to Conceive | 2009/01/29

Trying to Conceive - 43 yrs Old

Hi Doc, I am trying to conceive after a miscarriage at 5 months in June 08. My periods after the miscarriage were suddenly irregular. Two months would go by before I would have a show. I was prescribed Glugophage to deal with what my doctore said was high insulin and PCOS problem. It made me feel generally unwell so i stopped havig used it for a month. I tried clomid last month (dec) and it worked and menopur this month and it didn' t work! Is it okay to use Staminago with Fertilityblend at the same time resume Glucophage? I really did not like having to inject myself and can' t afford the cost of the medication and scans.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Worried Trying to Conceive

You are certainly on the right path in terms of trying to correct your ovulatory dysfunction but appear to be rather erratic in the actual execution of a logical protocol. The ideal would be to use ovulation-monitoring drugs either tables such as Clomid or combination of tablets and lose dose injections or even simply injections throughout in a well-structured closely monitored cycle. The monitoring should be under taken by a fertility specialist and should be done per ultrasound scanning. Glucophage should be used from shortly before ovulation induction is attempted up to the point of ovulation. Some doctors would recommend using Glucophage even beyond ovulation but in our practice we would stop the Glucophage once ovulation has occurred. The use of Stamino-Grow and other fertility supplements are not necessarily going to enhance your fertility if you are already on a well-balanced diet but since no harm would derive from the use you could continue using them. A better option would be to attempt using InoFolic, which is a new product scientifically tested as a substitute for Glucophage and appears to have promising results with regard to natural conception. However I would like to emphasize that due to your age it would be best to do a controlled well monitored cycle rather than opting for more erratic and empirical treatment.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.