Posted by: Tebogo | 2009/09/02

Trying to conceive

Ii have a child 15yrs old & my husband has a daughter 10 yrs old.We' ve been trying to have the 2nd child for 4 yrs now no luck.Not in use of any contraceptive.Please help a desperate woman.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Tebogo

If you have been trying to have a child for the last 14 years with no luck then you fall into the definition of secondary infertility. You will need to be investigated as to why this new problem has occurred. My recommendation is for you to be assessed by your gynaecologist or fertility specialist. This would involve a pelvic ultrasound, a semen analysis, a hormone profile to assess if ovulation is normal and in addition to either a laparoscopy or a HSG to assess for fallopian tube status. Your doctor and yourself would then be in a better situation as to ascertain why you are not conceiving.

Answered by: Dr. Y.M. Dasoo

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.