Question
Posted by: Suzy | 2008/08/11

Trying to conceive

I’ ve been trying to conceive for 5yrs now. I have pcos. The dr prescribed 150mg clomid and I’ ve been ovulation for the past 3 months now. Went for an ovulation blood test and it was 160. I think that’ s Good! I had intercourse on the time of ovulation. Could there be something I’ m doing wrong. I’ ve lost so much weight. I am 59 kg and 1.7mt tall. I am currently taking prenatal vitamins and I am on a strict diet. I do not drink or smoke. How long should it take a couple to conceive that are ovulating? Or could someone give me some advice. I have tried everything and I am really feeling discouraged!! Please someone help me.

Unfortunately women do not fall pregnant even if they have sex at the time of ovulation. It can take up to a year even for a normal healthy couple. It sounds like you are doing all the right things, but it would be a good idea to see a fertility expert.

1
Posted by: Dee GTC | 2008/08/12

Hi sweety, I also have PCOS and I weigh 60kgs, we too have tried everything and finally went to a Fertility specialist - it really is the best thing to finally find help. Taking endless doses of Clomid is not going to help - there could be a number of reasons why you havent fallen preg yet - blocked tubes, endo, poor sperm, acidic mucus - all these things are tested at a FS.

I am currently on my third IVF cycle after trying for almost 3 years.

Reply to Dee GTC