Question
Posted by: lindz | 2008/01/24

trying to conceive

i'm 34, and been on Nur-Isterate twice (i went in july and septemberlast) then I stopped.My periods never stopped in the period of contracepting. when I went to see a GP he told me that if my periods haven't stopped means i'm fertile, but nothing has happened so far.One other thing my husband has a problem of ejaculation quickly, i don't know if that might not affect the process of conceiving.I need to know if there's anything that I can take to speed up the process because i'm also worried now about time, seen that one is not growing any younger.

Dear Lindz

The best advise is careful cycle control for one month using the oral contraceptive pill followed immediately by ovulation induction and home ovulation monitoring. To overcome the problem of premature ejaculation one would advise in addition to the above, intrauterine insemination. You should allow at least three such IUI attempts failing which you may consider advancing to more advanced assisted reproductive techniques.

1
Posted by: Ella | 2008/01/24

On the 09th September 2001 I was in a accident and lost my lower left leg. i was terrified but i met a great man and we got married and 2 years ago on the 14th October my daughter was born. I tried to get pregnant for 4 years and my husband was also a quick ejaculator. the dr's said there was no way that i was going to become pregnant because my husband had a very low sperm count, and i had a lot of damage inside after the accident but ques what? as soon as i decided that i will hope and not think of a baby so much, i got pregnant. and that 5 weeks after the docter said i will never become pregnant. Take my advice. RELAX AND ENJOY YOUR HUSBAND. TEACH HIM TO HOLD BACK HIS EJACULATION AND AFTER SEX LAY STILL, DO NOT MOVE FOR 5 MIN. TRUST ME YOU WILL KNOW WHEN YOU ARE PREGNANT EVEN BEFORE YOU MISS A PERIOD OR DO A TEST. GOOD LUCK

Reply to Ella