Question

Trying to conceive

My hubby and I are trying to conceive. I know male sperm swim faster and die sooner than female sperm. How long does male sperm live and how long does female sperm live?

We are currently having sex every day, as I don't know when I ovulate, but we would really like to conceive this month.

It doesn't really matter as there are both male and femlae sperm in each ejaculate. I am not sure whether you are trying to determine the sex of your baby this way.

1
Posted by: gina | 2007/12/13

firstly i have some bad news its not up to you ! all is in Gods hands.
a mans sperm can live up to 7 days if the condicions are right by saying that if he has healthy sperms, girls spers stay longer than boys sperms, as for a womans sperms well we dont have sperms we produce an egg.
you can bay ovulation tests to track your ovulation or count your days between cycle a healthy cycle is about 28 days that will give you ovulation on day 14 an there for you need to have sex round about 11 days after your cycle and so the days move on acording to your cycle days 29 will give you 15 days 30 will give you 16 days but not all woman are the same some of us the dates stays 14 even if we have a longer cycle. but is very omportant to start eary beacuse then you are more fertile, if you can keep track of your ovulation than great.
start using folic acid aswell.

Reply to gina