Question
Posted by: Ching | 2004/02/05

Trying to conceive

We have been trying to conceive but my periods are completely messed up. I really dont know what to do anymore. I know that i ovulated this month and i ovulated 16 days ago on which my husband and i had intercourse on the right days But they say that your period should come 14 days after ovulation but i still have not got it yet? Is this normal? I have been feeling queezey and my one breast(only the one) is swollen, big and the nipple is sore. I took a pregnancy home test yesterday afternoon and it was negative was it too early, can i be pregnant. I dont know what this could be. Someone please help me to understand what is going on with me.

It would be too early for a pregnancy test to be positive. Wait for 5 days and, if your periods does not start, repeat it then.

1
Posted by: Norma | 2004/02/06

If you missed your period and the test shows neg, you should give it some time, 2-3 days and do another test. If still neg, you should just wait for your period.
My period was also very messed up, when I stoped using the pill, but after 4 months and a 45day period, I found out that I was pregnant. I'm now going on to 16weeks.
Just hang in there it will happen. You must also give your body time to adjust after the pill (if you used it)

Reply to Norma