Question
Posted by: Confused | 2003/03/24

Trying to conceive

I have been off the pill since July last year and I am trying to fall pregnant (I already have two children). My first two pregnancies happened very quickly. My cycle seems to be very different this time round however. My cycle starts with two or three days of spotting. I then have a "normal" period. About a week after my period, as my period is finishing, my breasts become tender for about a week. They then return to normal and I then have a period after about two weeks. This seems strange to me as previously when I was trying to conceive my breasts became tender in the second half of my cycle, not the first half as they do now. Could this indicate that my hormones are "mixed up" and is that why I am battling to conceive this time round?

Every pregnancy is different and you are still well within the normal time that it takes to conceive. Work out what your cycle is from the start of one period to the next. Provided it is between 26 and 32 days, this is normal. Breast tenderness is not a reliable sign of what's happening in your cycle and women vary widely in terms of when breasts are tender.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/06/29

Birth control pills have been available by prescription for more than 60 years and have extensive scientific data to support the safety and efficacy of oral contraceptives. How does it affect the next pregnancy? See here: http://thegettingpregnantplan.com/